vendredi 16 juillet 2010

Yet another Adios

Get Your Own MapView Larger Map

Another lover of Cuba, the great Poet Pablo Neruda.. had written

Se sabe que el que vuelve no se fue,
y asi la vida anduve y desanduve
mudandome de traje y de planeta,
acostumbrandome a la compania,
a la gran muchedumbre del destierro,
a la gran soledad de las companas
It is well known that he who returns never left
so I traced and retraced my life,
changing clothes and planets,
growing used to the company,
to the great whirl of exile,
to the great solitude of bells tolling.

Newly arrived, with two days of intense affections from many many Indian people under my belt and a sense of loss of a newly found reunion, impatience at the accumulation of miles, I plan my journeys.. Ah, my dear friends and Lovers, it is I like the rowing stars come to your door, destinations change , but it is the same smell of distance and the recovered fragrances of our last meetings, food and wine, yes it is me knocking at the door..

I shall leave the Reservation of the Indians, as their four day festivities are finishing, to fly to Paris via Houston. Just two days later, my sister and her husband would arrive in Paris and once again i shall camouflage my travel agent's costume, regale them with tales of Eiffel and Monet, climbing up the stairs to Sacre Coeur..
within days, I shall be back at the Terminal 2 for an Air France Flight to Bangalore, where I will just one day.. clean my teeth by Dr Jagdeesh and company, eyes checked by Dr jyothi, R and R Andhra Biryani, stock up on medications for friends from all over, Himalaya products, Chai tea and other delights.. home made Idlis an extra incentive.. Within hours of arrival at that ancient land, Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur, who but my best friend will be waiting at LCCT?
Facial, Pedicure and Manicure, Hair Cut at A Cut Above at Bangsar, a long anticipated dinner at Demaw with dear friends and it is time again heading in the direction of the land of Golden Pagodas arriving at the Mingaladon Airport... Visit friends in Yangon, rent a car, off to Chaungtha to repay the kindness of my little friends who took chances during the time of monsoons... say hello to the watchmaker of Anhwarata Road, drop in at the Synagogue at 25th street..... Mingalar Bar... Yangon..
Back to Paris from KL.LH to FRF and CDG or MH to DXB and AF to CDG... either would be fine with me.. the next time it would be via NRT.. hopefully after an exchange of some sake breaths with sensitive hearts...
to live in balance, you have to pay attention to the universe that surrounds you, the loves of your life, scattered around the globe, an occasional kiss and enormous number of hugs.. little hearts beating with accumulating tenderness...
La vida es un sueno.. Life is a dream...


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...