mardi 11 janvier 2011

London Sunday; Paris Monday;Tuesday in Walthill TOLTEC HEAD

Toltec head (several tons), Mexico City, Mexico
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page: Mexico City Part 2


But where is Walthill?

12 January 11

the outside temperature is Minus 18 degrees Centigrade. It is going to be a cold and frigid day.

Do you remember the shortest short story ever written? by Augosto Monterroso?

Cuando despertó, el dinosaurio todavía estaba allí. ("When [s]he awoke, the dinosaur was still there”)

When I woke up this morning, my friend N from Teheran had sent me a poem by Hafez with annotations:

حضوری گر هم خواهی از او غایب مشو حافظ

متی ما تلق من تهوی دع الدنیا و احملها

Hafez! if thou desire the presence from Him be not absent

When thou visitest thy Beloved, abandon the world, and let it go

Poetry touches your heart, depending first of all your own personality and also the time, ambiance and nostalgia or saudade you are feeling and/or curiosity.

Hafez! if thou desire the presence from Him be not absent
When thou visitest thy Beloved, abandon the world, and let it go

I am putting together a few words from yesterday when I was listening to a brasilian singer by the name of Ana Carolina. And was trying to understand the meaning, with a little help.

Aprendi a me virar sozinha

E se eu tô te dando linha

É pra depois te abandonar..

aprendi learn sozhina alone dando gave depois later abandonar abandon

The approx translation: aprendi a me virar sozinha = I learned to get by on my own

i guessed somethig like i am used to being alone

A se eu tô (=estou) te dando linha = this comes from the action of flying a kite. We release the line (line??) to let it fly. We are becoming alone because we have released our attachements, like the sufi stage of attachment.

So she meant, I set you free so that I could go away too.

WH Auden a british poet once said 20th century

If you love someone, set hm free, if he comes back to you, he was yours and if he doesn't he was never yours..

Isnt it interesting to see the knitting of emotions across the globe and time

So the emotions are what remains stable, politics and ideologies may change but our emoitons from Hafez to Yehuda remain the same..


all these before going to the Clinic to look after some native patients...

Special Thanks to Rio and KL as well as a Secret..


Why the Toltec Head? Anyone who has visited the Museum of Anthropology would not have failed to notice the huge heads sculpted by the warrior race of Toltecs. There is also depiction of their Eagle Clan at the platforms in Chichen Itza.

My dearest friend is begining her journey as a Yogini today. She has read the Four Directions and felt she could use some of their advice


agreement no. 1 : Be impeccable with my words
Agreement no 2 : Don't take things personally
Agreement no. 3: Don't make assumptions
Agreement no. 4 : Always do my best in applying agreement no 1-3.

Good Luck, Yogini to be Azadeh


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...