dimanche 8 juillet 2012

when one door is Closed, Dont you know the other is open? Bob Marley


WHEN ONE DOOR IS CLOSED, DON’T YOU KNOW THE OTHER IS OPEN?
Those lyrics from Bob Marley, Philosopher from Jamaica, always held great meaning for me.
It is normal process to grieve for some personal loss, at that time it is as if a door has been closed to an unlimited opportunity to expand, speaking metaphorically in personal terms.
I have “lost” many countries, ones I had fallen in love with and then for unexplained reasons or occasionally logical ones, they disappear from my radar…It also has happened to people who put in an appearance in my life and then are lost for ever.
Each loss is to be mourned but also to be looked at as an opportunity for further choices and excitement.
Counties lost include Brunei, Sweden, England, Jamaica, each of which I had lived and Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia in Asia; Mexico, Argentina, Brasil in the Americas; Fiji and Zanzibar… all visited upwards of ten times, at least…
Some come into your life and leave an eternal impression, two such for me: Australia and Cuba. Both of which I consider HOME.

I felt towards the end of January 2012 that I had lost my interest in Malaysia and it was less than two months before a chance meeting with the Humble Man of Bogor on an Flight within USA, that has given me another love in Asia: Indonesia.

It has happened with people also, when someone leaves your life, there is a profound sense of loss only to be overcome by the excitement of new friends and lovers entering your life. Within weeks of saying to a close friend from Japan, another entered, filling the heart with even greater knowledge about Japan.
People come into your life for a reason and they leave your life for a reason as well.
When my connection with Malaysia ended about five months ago, I thought the frequency of travel to Asia would diminish, if anything it has only increased. I am preparing for my fifth trip to Asia this year!  I hope to arrive in Jakarta via Doha from the USA and get back to Paris via Cochin.
Each country leaves a little bit of it behind in your soul, I learned so much about Human Nutrition in Japan and it was in Malaysia that I heard about Kleishas. On my forthcoming lectures in Bogor and Jakarta, I will be using both those. So my visits to Japan and Malaysia have not been a waste!
WHEN ONE DOOR IS CLOSED, DON'T YOU KNOW THE OTHER IS OPEN?    THANKS, BOB!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...