lundi 12 novembre 2012

TRADITIONAL SOUP OF THE KIKAPU


PUMPKIN SOUP WITH CHICKEN: A TRADITIONAL MEAL OF THE KIKAPU
My Kikapu sister brings big sized squash from Mexico and with the help of someone, peels and cleans the skin and dries it the way it has been done for generations of the Kikapu.
Tonight she prepared Chicken Soup with Squash and Celery, Baby Carrots, Onion, Tomato with Rice. It was indeed delicious.

When you are eating traditional meals, the words of my teacher from Meskwaki tribe ring in my ears:  It is the food that made us sick. A group of ancient people who survived on wholly organic food for generations were exposed and in many cases forced to eat fabricated excess food of the white Americans. Now we know that the flora of the intestines of these people rebelled against the garbage that came their way..Causing a myriad of illnesses..

So I particularly cherished the food, traditional to begin with, prepared with sisterly love by a Kikapu, shared meal with friends who are close to my heart…


Squash from Mexico, above.
A friend of my sister who helped her with the Squash.
She is from an unusual group of called Los Moscogos.








What else do you need?
Tell me your desires; I will describe the person you are, said Gilles de Leuze, the French Philosopher..


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...